QuickTime Pro on Windows

I popped for QuickTime Pro for Windows 7 ($29.99). The reason for doing so, was to create native screen capture that would integrate with Mac Adobe Premiere Pro, CS4. That’s because my Camtasia output didn’t work due to a compression mismatch.

Unfortunately, QuickTime Pro on Windows 7 doesn’t support screen capture. Quite a difference between what the product does on a Mac OS X versus a Windows 7 OS. I thought only Microsoft shorted users on the other platform, like Microsoft Excel 2007 versus Microsoft Excel 2008 (a far inferior product). Oops, I was wrong! Apple does it too. :-(

May 22nd, 2010 at 10:47 am

5 Responses to 'QuickTime Pro on Windows'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'QuickTime Pro on Windows'.

1. Actually, when it comes to QuickTime version 7, the features are the same. Even QT Pro 7 for OS X doesn’t do screen capture (I would have loved that feature for all the years I’ve used QT Pro). Screen capture wasn’t introduced to QT until QuickTime X, which is OS X 10.6 only at the moment. So when comparing the same versions across OS’s, they have the same feature set. But OS X 10.6 currently has a higher version than does Windows.

Rob Bratt

2. I was just about to do the same and decided to do a search! Thanks for making me saving 29.99…

Rafael

3. Longtime Mac user here, and I do a lot of video manipulation. Quicktime Pro 7 is the way to go…feature-rich and cheap at $30, lots of bang-for-the-buck. I have no experience with the WIndows version, but for Mac it can’t be beat.

For Mac video capture I highly recommend Snapz Pro X.

Art

4. So has anyone found a way of recording what’s on a Windows screen while adding a soundtrack through a microphone?

I want to turn an animated Power Point show into a video so I can upload it to a crowd sourcing site.

5. Hi. I paid 30 USD for QuickTime Pro hoping I could record videos with my usb webcam (Logitech c910). Then I saw it’s not possible. Does anyone have a solution to this?
    Thanks.