The following are the screen shots for installing MySQL Connector/ODBC, but don’t install this if you’re trying to connect Excel 2011 to MySQL on the Mac OS X because it won’t work. You must install OpenLink Software or Actual Technologies ODBC products because they’ve got special hooks (APIs) required by Excel 2011.
If you’re installing them to use the ODBC for other purposes, here are the screen shots. These steps install MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1 package:
- Launch the MySQL Connector ODBC 5.1 package from the download folder.
- Start the MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1.8 Installer by clicking on the Continue button.
- You may want to read the information because it explains what the installer performs. Click the Continue button to proceed with the installation.
- This is the GNU License, which you may read or skip. Click the Continue button to proceed with the installation.
- Confirm that you agree with the license agreement by clicking the Agree button.
- Click the Change Install Location… to install the product somewhere other than the default. Click the Install button to continue with the installation.
- You get prompted for the Administrator password. Enter the values and click the OK button.
- Click the Close button and the install is complete.